GooZam is a disaster & rescue management application. It is comprised of the following parts:
- API Server
- Web Portal
- Android Application
- iOS Application
The idea is to extend help to distressed around the world using crowdsourcing of volunteer, we call them Geo-Volunteers. Any registered GooZam user can become a Geo-Volunteer. However our back office team manually verifies each volunteer before assigning them any case. Moreover organizations can also be a part of GooZam, each having an isolated data set and management portal. There are a lot more features as listed below.
- Multi-Vendor Capabilities
- Volunteer organizations can be a part of GooZam.
- Each organization will have access only to their own data i.e. volunteers, tickets, etc.
- Admin can also allow organizations to access some or all of the centralized data
- Incident Workflow
- Any registered user can create an incident/ticket.
- All nearby volunteers will get push notification as per their preferences and selected area of service.
- Any volunteer can take-up the incident and chat in real-time with distressed if they’ve any query.
- Volunteer will also see navigation details from their location to distressed.
- Volunteer can ask for the help of other volunteers after reaching the site.
- Distressed can rate the volunteer on completion of this ticket/incident.
- Login with Facebook, Mobile Number, Email
- Real Time Chat
- Push Notifications
- CRM Capabilities
- Access Rights Management
- Business Pages
- Rating Module for Volunteers & Businesses
- Google Maps Integration
- Integration of Facebook Account Kit
- Ride Sharing (similar to Uber, Careem with some innovation)
- Check-in/Check-out on Establishments
- OAuth2 Implementation for API Authentication
- Integration of Payment Gateway (Braintree/Paypal)
- Google Analytics
- REST API
Tools and Technologies
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Google Maps
- Native Android (Java)
- Native iOS (Swift)
We’re also managing the hosting as well as deployment of mobile applications of GooZam.